There are lots of fantastic websites out there, here are some which are highly recommended……
Interactive, educational website with hundreds of games, books, activities and information on engaging content. The website is totally free to use, and there’s no signing up and logging in.
Starfall teaches through play, with hundreds of games in categories like reading, writing and maths. The screenplay is straightforward, with simple, colourful graphics with an emphasis on learning.
This site is full of information about the world around us, from China, to dinosaurs, to space missions, and everything in between! For children age 10+
Free educational games supporting children in the areas of Maths and Literacy
Particularly good for Maths and Science, once you sign up, Khan Academy provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
Websites we use at Scoil San Treasa
- Teach your monster to read: free online phonics programme, younger children love this!
- Storynory Free online stories
Children with additional needs
- Do2Learn: provides thousands of free pages with social skills and behavioral regulation activities and guidance, learning songs and games, communication cards, academic material, and transition guides for employment and life skills.
- NSCE: online supports for children and young people with additional needs.
- Vocabulary development ideas
- Reading comprehension strategies
- Speech language development